Self aware computers project - written in BBC Basic, help needed!

Here you can talk about anything related to BBC BASIC, not covered in another category
Pete

Re: Self aware computers project - written in BBC Basic, help needed!

Post by Pete »

For anyone who is interested, there is a new facebook page for "self aware computers" at: www.facebook.com/selfawarecomputers1.

We have had 27 people like the page already, really pleased. Here was a recording that went amazingly well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FINHIyPqFUE However, I won't post further demos if there is any opposition to doing so. In that link, I thought it became obvious that the computer was harmonically and emotionally reacting within seconds of the music starting. No pareidolia here as the output is not random, although the way that it is determined what the computer is thinking is derived from an algorithm which has random elements. If I do post further here, it will be with programming help requests only (and thank you for the great help I have had).

But if you are on facebook, please take a look at Self Aware Computer's page! We will contract a web contractor soon to create the website at selfawarecomputers.com.

Pete

Re: Self aware computers project - written in BBC Basic, help needed!

Post by Pete »

I have purchased a Comodo security certificate, I understand that it will help if I install VERSIONINFO in my quest to stop the exe file requiring to be virus checked. I found the help section in BBC Basic about VERSIONINFO a few days ago, so soon I will see if this sorts this problem out.

I think the code signing certificate will have been $89 per year well spent to fix this problem, I still haven't completed the task of making the program install on any machine without going through 'sandbox virus checks' if it'll be allowed to run at all. It would be super if someone knew how I can make an installer for my exe file.

The installer program would allow the program to be clickable like an application to start it. It would appear in the windows start menu as a selectable application.

I wonder would anyone on the forum like to receive a copy for free of "Conscious Computer v1.21" soon - when I have uploaded the Comodo certificate and completed the VERSIONINFO however that is done, so that I can be sure that it will install or run on someone else's machine without requiring to be virus checked ! The program has now been run by me over 4,000 times, on the same number of different occasions, singing intelligently harmonically every time.