- Open Iconical and on the initial page tap 'App URL'.
- Enter the required custom URL which will be com.rtrussell.BBCBasic://program.bbc (where program.bbc, in BBC Basic's @usr$ directory, is what you want to run).
- Optionally, select an icon for the home screen shortcut.
- In the 'Icon Title' box type the title that you want to appear on the home screen, then tap 'Create Home Screen Icon'.
- Safari will be opened automatically. Follow the directions and tap on the 'square with upwards pointing arrow' icon.
- Tap on 'Add to Home Screen' (you may need to scroll to find it) then on the next page tap 'Add'.
Discussions specifically related to the Android and iOS editions of BBCSDL
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu 07 Apr 2022, 10:10
As mentioned in the v1.30a release announcement the ability to create a custom icon on the iOS home screen has been reinstated, after having stopped working in an earlier version. I have therefore copied below the original post describing how to do that, with a couple of updates:
The iOS edition supports putting a shortcut to a BBC BASIC program on the home screen (desktop), in a similar way to the Android edition. To create such a shortcut you will need to download and install the Iconical app (£2.99 in the UK). Note that for some reason it doesn't always appear in an App Store search (although it is there); in that case search for it in your browser instead. Once installed, perform the following steps:
If you are unhappy with any aspect of this post, please report it to the forum administrator (click on the exclamation mark icon in the top-right corner) rather than complaining on the open forum or by private email.